Have you included social media in your marketing plan for 2016?
Well if you haven’t then you should because we all know that social media can be an incredibly powerful marketing tool which every business needs in today’s day and age.
Today our focus is on social media image sizes but before we do so I’ll just touch a little on how important it is to have high quality images.
Have you ever come across a business where there images are blurry, poorly crafted or poorly placed. Well as a matter of fact this can have a profoundly negative impact on your business costing you too loose potential customers. It is very important to have high-quality images for your business because images matters on social media.
So without any further delays let’s look at the social media image sizes required for the different social media platforms.
- Profile picture: 180 x 180 (displays 160 x 160 on desktop, 140 x 140 on smartphones)
- Cover photo: 851 x 315(displays 640 x 360 pixels on smartphones)
- Shared image and link: 1200 x 630
- Highlighted image: 1200 x 717
- Facebook app / tab thumbnail size: 111 x 74
- Facebook link preview size: min. 600 x 315
- Facebook photo post size: min. 504 x 504
- Facebook event cover photo size: 784 × 295
- Facebook group cover photo size: 801 x 250
- Header image: 1500 x 500(maximum file size 5MB)
- Profile image: 400 x 400(displays at 200 x 200, maximum file size 2MB)
- In-stream photo:440 x 220 (but can expand to 1024 x 512)
- Twitter accepts GIF, JPEG, and PNG files
- Photos can be up to 5MB. Animated gifs can be up to 3
- Photos and videos should have an aspect ratio of 91:1 and 4:5
- Profile picture: 110 x 110
- Photo thumbnails: 161 x 161
- Photo size:1080 x 1080
- Profile photo: 250 x 250 (maximum file size 100MB)
- Cover photo: 1080 x 608(this is ‘recommended”, although the smallest photo you can choose is 480 x 270, the largest photo is 2120 x 1192.)
- Shared image: 497 x 373 (Appears in home stream and on page at a width of 426 pixels, height is scaled)
- Shared image: 150 x 150 (Shows in the feed and on page)
- Profile picture: 165 x 165
- Board display: 222 x 150
- Smaller thumbnails: 50 x 50
- Pins appear in boards with a maximum width of 236, with the height scaled.
- Expanded pins have a minimum width of 600, with the height scaled.
- Profile picture: 400 x 400
- Banner image:646 x 220
- Standard logo: 100 x 60
- Background image:1000 x 425 and 4000 x 4000
- Career cover photo: 974 x 330
- Square logo: 50 x 50
- Link upload thumbnail: 180 x 110
- LinkedIn status update OR blog post image size: 698 x 400
- Image upload: maximum width is 350 with the height scaled to fit.
- YouTube channel art size: 2560 x 1440
- Video thumbnail: 1280 x 760
- Channel icon: 800 x 800
There you have it social media image sizes for 2016. Now that you know the proper image sizes, it’s time to ensure your images are optimized for best results.
Remember using high quality images can make your business brand even more appealing to current and potential clients.